A custom 1983 mail Jeep is causing quite the stir across the web. This vehicle has been mentioned on popular websites ranging from Barn Finds to Fox News. It is listed on the Chesapeake, VA Craigslist for $15,000. Despite the extreme appearance, the owner claims it drives and handles well.
Two rebuilt Chevy 355 cubic-inch engines power the stretched Jeep. Both engines have a Holley 600cfm carburetor, new electric fuel pumps, and new aluminum radiators etc. A single 3 speed Chevrolet Turbo 400 transmission backs the dual motors.
The chassis is made up of multiple components from several different vehicles. The stretched frame gives the Jeep the appearance of being a mile long but it is actually the length of a compact truck.
- 1993 Jeep Cherokee rear end
- Mid 1990’s Ford power rack and pinion
- Custom electrical system
- 1955 Ford I-Beam axle with disk brake conversion
- 2 Optima Blue top batteries
- 35 x 12.5 x 17 All-terrain tires with matching aluminum wheels
- 7.5 miles per gallon